Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Day of School - 2008

Whew...the first day of school was a success. As a Mom, you wonder who they sat with (if anyone) on the bus, who they played with (if anyone) at recess, who they ate lunch with (if anyone), etc... I think it's a little more stressful for us Moms than it is for our kids! Anyways, they both said they had a good day and they both like their teachers...(oh, and they both had friends to sit, play, and eat with...thank goodness :) ). Elle is dying to get some homework to do and Caden is already complaining about the reading he's required to do every night. It's amazing how 2 kids can be so different...maybe it's a boy/girl thing! It's pretty quiet around here after having a houseful of kids all summer long! Now it's just me and Emery...kinda nice! :) No more excuses about not having time to blog...right!?!

Brielle's first day of 1st grade!

Caden's first day of 3rd grade!

Emery wishing she could go to school...in her P.J.'s and all!

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Emily said...

That first picture of both of them is so cute! And I love Emery in her Dora pjs--Brooklynn is a big Dora fan also!

Carrick family said...

Soooo cute! Ur kids are so adorable! I miss Austen already too!

♥Shally said...

Umm... Time for another one!!! :) You don't want to get too bored at home, right???

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so darling, they look professional! I know what you mean about hoping they are not ever feeling alone...sounds like they had a great first day!

Petersen Kids said...

Emery looks so cute pretending to go to school! It's always sad for the kids who don't go. Your kids looked darling.

Thekrogwoman said...

Look how cute they are!! I can't believe how fast they are growing up!! Elle especially looks so grown up!!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

Oh so cute....can't believe summer is already coming to an end. Your kids are darling. I am so glad they had a good first.

Chelle said...

First days are the best! I remember mom taking pics of us just before catching the bus! Look at you...you're just like her!

margo said...

As always, your kids look darling. I need you to give me photography lessons and training for my kids to pose! I can't believe school is here -- pretty soon Emery and Mallory will be getting on the bus too -- I don't think I'm ready for that.

Holly H. said...

I can't believe you have a 3rd grader already! It's crazy all the worries us parents go through when our kids go to school huh!

jenn said...

What cute kids you have! It's so hard to believe that Grace and Caden are in 3rd grade. It just sounds SO old! I'm sad they aren't in the same class, but glad they are eating together at lunch. :)

Luke was doing the same thing as Emery. He wanted to go so badly!

Wilde Things said...

Ahhh . . . first day jitters. I purposely try to make the day before as busy as I can because when I was a little girl I always had such a hard time falling asleep (weird, I know). I always think I'm more nervous than Tyler is . . .
I can't believe Elle is in 1st grade all ready, they are growing up too fast, huh? So cute though!
And Emery is a doll, love it.

Jenny said...

Oh too cute. I love how Emery had to get in on the fun too. I hope Elle starts doing better. Such sweet kiddies! Love you guys!