Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mother's Day on...Thursday? =)

I just have a funny story to tell. Yesterday, I went Mother's Day shopping for my mom and mother-in-law (cute things at that Tomorrow's Antiques in VF Factory Outlet, by the way!)! When I got home, I showed the gifts to Jason (so he's not clueless as to what he gave his mom for Mother's Day). He then asked me, "so when is Mother's Day?" and I responded (with a smile), "It's tomorrow!" That was the end of that conversation and the rest of the night went on as usual. This morning, I woke up to Jason turning down the intercom in our room and closing the door softly...something he does when I get a day to sleep in! As I lay there, wondering what I did to deserve this, I remembered our Mother's Day conversation from the night before. I kept thinking to myself...Does he really think it's Mother's Day? No...he's been around for 36 Mother's Days and he knows that it never falls on a Thursday. By this time, I was wide awake so I decided to get up and see what was going on. Oh my...I went downstairs to find that Jason had pulled all the kids out of bed and they were making me a "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY" poster and there on the counter, was a beautiful vase of flowers (picked from our yard) and breakfast ready to be brougt up to me in bed. I almost didn't have the heart to tell them that it wasn't Mother's Day and wondered if they'd believe that it was April Fools Day instead! I do have a sweet husband and kids! Thanks anyways, guys! I'll be sure to remind them about my Birthday tomorrow!! :)
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

margo said...

Ask Jason if he could take the kids trick or treating tomorrow night for Halloween -- then we can sneak off to dinner and a movie. This is the funniest story ever -- he's never going to live this one down:)

Liz said...

That is sooo funny!! He sure pulled off a great Mothers Day quick!! Good for him.

Carrick family said...

Oh my gosh! He did really believe you! this is a really funny story!

Chelle said...

Happy New Year, Jason! I was laughing outloud. BTW, what did you get for mom, anyway?

jenn said...

I love this story. Seriously one of the best ever! You and Jason crack me up.

Melanie Rojas said...

Soooo funny! Guys must be born wired to come up with something last minute and make it look like they've been planning it all along. It happens all the time! Very sweet though. You think you'll get the same thing on the real Mother's Day? Hopefully he doesn't pull out a plate from the fridge with plastic wrap over it with the leftovers!

♥Shally said...

I am so doing that!!

Tracy H. said...

that is hilarious! I'm definately trying that one, Dale would totally fall for it!

BeesleyFamily said...

How cute and sweet!

Wilde Things said...

What a hoot! I hope you ran back upstairs and jumped in bed and waited till you got breakfast to break the news. Very sweet! Guys, they will catch on some day!

Sue said...

Very, very funny!

Holly H. said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, that is hilarious! Sometimes I wanna think that guys aren't really like that, but Jason proved me wrong! I guarantee Mike would've fallen for that too! You better write that one down for your kids to pass on for generations to come! :)

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

ok i think i just wet my pants laughing so hard. that is so dang funny! how nice to sleep in on a weekday!

Bubba & Tara Morris said...

Lisa!! That is the funniest story I have ever heard. I wish I would have read it sooner than today! I could have teased him on Friday! You are doing such a great job with your blog. I am going to try better. Your cupcakes for Emery are just adorable. Good job!