Thursday, March 20, 2008

I've been tagged!!

My friend Margo "tagged" me and I'm new at this whole blogging thing...let alone this "tagging" thing...so here goes nothing!

10 Years Ago...

Wow! That was a long time ago. I wasn't even married yet! It was 1998 and I was living in a town house with my sister, Chelle. I was dating Jason...and Dave and Greg and...(just kidding, Jason...but I really was =))! Those were the good old days when you really didn't have a care in the world and not a whole lot of responsibiliy. I was working at Cottonwood Hospital as a Surgical Technician, which is where I met Jason. I was living the single life and enjoying every minute of it! The following year (1999) Jason and I got married and a year after that (2000), we had Caden and moved out here to the place we call home, Saratoga Springs!

5 Places I've Visited...

1. Most recently, I was in the Western Caribbean (Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Caymen and Cosumel) with 16 other couples from my neighborhood. We go on a cruise every 2 years and this was the 3rd one we've been on. Needless to say, we had a blast!!
2. Jason's parents took us to Disneyland about a year and a half ago. Caden and Brielle had the time of their lives! It was really a fun, family trip.
3. Jason and I honeymooned in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. Need I say more!!!!! We plan to go back someday to see what we really missed out on!
4. When Jason and I first met, we got together with some of our friends and backpacked through Europe for 1 month! We had the time of our lives! We went everywhere (9 different countries to be exact), but some of my favorites were...Paris, Switzerland, Prague, Italy, and Greece. I'm so glad we experienced that amazing time together...especially since we ended up getting married (3 years later)!
5. Another fun trip that stands out in my mind was a family trip (before I was married) with my parents and brothers and sisters to Hawaii! We saw all the tourist things on Ohau for a couple days and then spent a week on Maui! It was a great trip!

I enjoy...

1. My husband, kids, family and friends
2. Waterskiing on a hot, sunny day (not when there's still ice on the lake...sorry Margo!)
3. Vacations and Camping trips
4. Vegging out in front of the T.V. to watch Reality T.V. shows (favorites are Survivor, Bachelor, American Idol etc...)
5. Hot baths, and massages (could use more of the latter, Jason!)
6. Talking on the phone with friends (thanks, Rick, for the head-set!)
7. Girls Nights/Bunco
8. Anything to satisfy my "sweet-tooth" like chocolate, peanut-butter M&M's, coffee flavored ice-cream, cinnamon bears & cookie dough!
9. Watching my kids smile and laugh!
10.My views from my beautiful home (that Jason built)!

3 Bad Habits...

1. I leave a ball of hair on my shower wall - Jason calls it a "dead rat", but I'd rather have it there than going down the drain...right?!?
2. I have the same bad habit as you, Jenn...I never wash my face before bed.
3. If I don't have anywhere to go...I stay in my P.J's all day long. Is that a bad habit???

5 Things You Don't Know About Me...

1. I have to sleep on my left side, otherwise, my heart skips weird beats! (Same thing happens to my Dad!)
2. I've never had a perm, never had braces, and never had contacts. I always told my parents that they should owe me money because I saved them so much! Ha Ha!
3. If you get me to laugh hard enough...I just might pee my pants!
4. I cried watching the "Price is Right" when a little, old man won the "Showcase Showdown".
5. I have a fear of balloons! I know that sounds stupid, but it's true! When I'm around them, I'm constantly worrying that they're going to pop...and I hate that loud "POP"! Eeewww! I'm freaking out just thinking about it!

5 Jobs I've Had...

1. I was a Surgical Technologist at Cottonwood Hospital for 10 years. (If you don't know what that is I handed the instruments to the Doctors during surgery). It was a great job and I've seen a lot of interesting things and have some pretty wild stories but best of all, that's where I met Jason!
2. I waitressed at The Old Spaghetti Factory with both of my brothers! And, it's still one of my favorite places to eat!
3. In high school, me and a bunch of my friends all worked at a resturant called "Ponderosa"...but we all called it "Pondagrossa"!!
4. Also in high school, I used to work at a tanning salon called "Body Brown".
5. The hardest job I've ever had is being a Mom! As hard as it is...it's also the most rewarding job I've ever had and I wouldn't trade it for any other job out there! I'm so thankful that I am able to stay home with my kids...I love them so much!!!!

8 comments:

margo said...

Great job -- I knew you were not a boring person. I was laughing my head off at the rat in the shower. That is gross -- remind me to never go in your shower (unlike other people we know)
=)...Now you know what that symbol is =) what about this one:) or this one > (taco) or this one :}

Holly H. said...

I love these things! I feel like I know you so much better now Lisa. :) Oh, and the hair in the shower... I do that too! Mike isn't a fan.

♥Shally said...

Ohh... PonderGROSSA!!!

And the peeing the pants-- remember when we peed on the snow at the cabin??? :)

jenn said...

That is so cool that you got to backpack through Europe for a month! Fun!

And a big fat AMEN to Margo's comment about never going in your shower. Between the hair balls and the mambo (wow), I'll be sure to steer clear! =)

I would however be highly entertained by seeing you pee your pants...hmmmm, I'll be planning something funny for the next time I see you!

margo said...

I am laughing so hard at Jenn's "mambo" comment. Great one!

Wilde Things said...

So many things I never knew. Good post! The hair ball thing is a little gross, poor Jason!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

Lisa, you are too funny! I love reading your blog. It will be fun to stay in touch.

Tracy H. said...

Hi Lisa!
Thanks for keeping up on our blog as sad as it is. Yours is so fun and I'm excited to make mine more life-like. Fun memories! I remember lots of them!