
We had a great Thanksgiving holiday! I really enjoyed having my kids home (no schedule) and spending time with the ones I love! It was the year for everyone in my family to spend Thanksgiving with the "In-Laws"...so my parents treated the family (we missed Chelle & John who were at home sick and Brielle who was at a B-day party) to an early Thanksgiving dinner at the Willow Creek Country Club. It was very good and as always, we had a great time together! Thanks Mom and Dad!!!

Grandma & Caden and Emery & Grandpa

Mom, Angie (sis), Me, Jenn (sis-in-law), Megan (sis-in-law)


Carter & Jenn and Mike & Angie...this is my brother and sister who married brother and sister! (sounds weird...but it's legal!)

Megan, Mark and Reece


On Thanksgiving Day...we were supposed to have dinner with just our little family...but for various reasons the day before Thanksgiving...a few peoples plans changed and we ended up having a house full! We were excited to have so many people join us for dinner! It was my first time making a lot of it (including the turkey and homemade pies!)!! It was actually kind of fun trying out new recipies and cooking for two days straight! I have to give Jason credit, too! He helped out a ton...he made the cheese ball, the pumpkin pie, peeled the potatoes, helped clean the house (he even scrubbed a toilet), and did the dishes after dinner (my most dreaded thing). It was great team effort! Thanks Jase! But I do have to admit, I didn't cook the rest of the weekend! :) I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!
9 comments:
I am so impressed! Two days of cooking . . . I've always wanted to have Thanksgiving at my house, but I'm sure I would get stuck doing some of the dishes.
Everything looks so good though . . . even homemade pies.
Good for you! I love having lots of people over- especially if you don't have to do the dishes!! :)
I'm still salivating over your pies? Any leftovers? Thanks a million, trillion for having us over for Thanksgiving dinner! You are an amazing cook! I still can't believe you managed not to burn the turkey :) and it was all nice and hot! Maybe we've started a new tradition at the Erskines! What do ya think?
Ooops! Two important people missing from your family pictures...! I'm sure it wasn't quite as fun w/out us. OK, so I didn't try to copy your wallpaper. I actually had mine up before I noticed yours was the very same. Great minds think alike! Sorry, I'm not changing, so oh well.
I am so impressed that you hosted Thanksgiving. I have never been that brave. Moab sounds like a ton of fun. Scott and I were just saying the other day that it has been way too long since we have gone.
I love that you ended up with a house full. If you were really a good friend, you would have invited me over for a piece of one of those pies -- is that too much to ask??
Speaking of those fabulous pies, how ever did you learn to make homemade pies??!! Ha! See, I told you that for some reason EVERYONE is impressed when you show up with a homemade pie. Little do they know it's 'as easy as pie'!
Two Thanksgiving dinners? Lucky. :)
Way to go on hosting your own Thanksgiving. That is beyond impressive. I have no clue how to do a turkey, and I'm not kidding in the slightest. And pies? W-O-W. You rock. :)
Love the pics of the family that Maggie took. They turned out so good! I knew they would!!
Post a Comment