* * * * * WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER.......BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL * * * * *
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
It's Official...I'm the coolest Mom, EVER!!!
I finally gave in. After all the pleading and begging that took place at our house on a daily basis...this cute little puppy is officially the newest member of our family! He is a 7 week old Golden Retriever and my kids are in heaven! His name is Romo...(named after the Dallas Cowboys quarterback, Tony Romo...we've obviously got a few die-hard football fans in the family, incase you haven't noticed). :) We've just had him for 2 days now...and I'm still gearing up for this "puppy thing"! Caden and Brielle have been good to help with the potty accidents...and Jason does night duty. I feel like I have a newborn in many ways...except I don't put my newborns in the garage when I need to run a quick errand. :) I honestly have never even held a dog (or any kind of animal, for that matter) until now...so if anyone has any good puppy training tips...please send them my way!! But for now...we'll keep having fun with Romo. He sure is a cute little guy!!
Where the crap was the phone call. I'm dying right now...I must come down ASAP! No, no, you musn't invite us for dinner sometime soon, we'll just stop by!!!! Can Romo be a cuter name? Brandon will freak! I'm sooooo excited for you guys. Congrats!
Oh My Cute!! That is the cutest little puppy I have ever seen. My kids will be so jealous. They are always begging. That is so great for your kids. You ARE the coolest mom ever.
Oh boy! I gave in last Christmas after the same pleading...wishing I hadn't. The dog is cute, but oh my...I wasn't ready for that responsibility.
I'm sure you are, and all of your kids are out of diapers so that's huge!!
My biggest advice is to not give them free reign right away. Give them a SMALL space in your home where they are allowed until you are pretty sure you've got them house broken. Otherwise, your house will be their toilet...seriously gross!!
I like the book called "How to Housebreak your dog in seven days." I just wish I would have had it and followed it to the "T" from the beginning. We have been on an almost year long journey with our little Maggie.
Okay, I'm starting to sound like a wet blanket!! I'm sorry. I'm excited for you guys. Your family will love it!
You ARE the coolest mom ever! We were all ooohhing at the computer while eating breakfast. Some of us over the dog - hubby over your beautiful grass. The name Romo's a nice touch. (Dave approves - Go Cowboys!)
I AM so proud of you! Puppies are a lot of work, but if you can get through the first little while, you will LOVE him. Just STAY consistent and don't give up.
Love the name.
I wish I could come over and let my kids play with him! He is a cutie!!
I've been an absentee blogger lately. Fun to catch up on your cute posts! Romo is so adorable! How will you get him to stay little? He fits right in w/the family...do I dare say he looks like an Erskine???!
Way to go Lis! You will learn to love him! And it will be so great for your kids to learn responsibility, Gabe's first chore was feeding the dogs :). We liked the book "How to raise a puppy you can live with". But for sure consistency is the best. Oh and since I had a dog before a kid I have found that using the same techniques work for both :). Enjoy!
You really are the mother of the year. I need to bring my kids over to see the new puppy. But as soon as they see how cute he is they will bug me to get one. I don't think I can have a new dog and a new baby in the same year!!
11 comments:
Where the crap was the phone call. I'm dying right now...I must come down ASAP! No, no, you musn't invite us for dinner sometime soon, we'll just stop by!!!! Can Romo be a cuter name? Brandon will freak! I'm sooooo excited for you guys. Congrats!
Oh My Cute!! That is the cutest little puppy I have ever seen. My kids will be so jealous. They are always begging. That is so great for your kids. You ARE the coolest mom ever.
Oh boy! I gave in last Christmas after the same pleading...wishing I hadn't. The dog is cute, but oh my...I wasn't ready for that responsibility.
I'm sure you are, and all of your kids are out of diapers so that's huge!!
My biggest advice is to not give them free reign right away. Give them a SMALL space in your home where they are allowed until you are pretty sure you've got them house broken. Otherwise, your house will be their toilet...seriously gross!!
I like the book called "How to Housebreak your dog in seven days." I just wish I would have had it and followed it to the "T" from the beginning. We have been on an almost year long journey with our little Maggie.
Okay, I'm starting to sound like a wet blanket!! I'm sorry. I'm excited for you guys. Your family will love it!
I love the pictures!!! You will love looking at them in a few months when he is HUGE. I can't believe how cute little Romo is.
Oh we just love Puppy Romo!! We need to set up a play date for Puppy Romo and baby Katie! They really hit it off!!
You ARE the coolest mom ever!
We were all ooohhing at the computer while eating breakfast. Some of us over the dog - hubby over your beautiful grass.
The name Romo's a nice touch. (Dave approves - Go Cowboys!)
LEEEES!!!
You just made my day! :)
I AM so proud of you! Puppies are a lot of work, but if you can get through the first little while, you will LOVE him. Just STAY consistent and don't give up.
Love the name.
I wish I could come over and let my kids play with him! He is a cutie!!
I've been an absentee blogger lately. Fun to catch up on your cute posts! Romo is so adorable! How will you get him to stay little? He fits right in w/the family...do I dare say he looks like an Erskine???!
You really are the coolest mom ever...hands down. My kids are going to be so jealous.
I'm still totally cracking up about the "leaving your newborn in the garage" comment. You are hilarious!
Way to go Lis! You will learn to love him! And it will be so great for your kids to learn responsibility, Gabe's first chore was feeding the dogs :). We liked the book "How to raise a puppy you can live with". But for sure consistency is the best. Oh and since I had a dog before a kid I have found that using the same techniques work for both :). Enjoy!
You really are the mother of the year. I need to bring my kids over to see the new puppy. But as soon as they see how cute he is they will bug me to get one. I don't think I can have a new dog and a new baby in the same year!!
Post a Comment