Thursday, October 30, 2008

Girls Weekend!

What a fun weekend! 13 girls from my neighborhood, headed down to St. George for some Mountain Biking and R&R. We had such a good time...I think I laughed the entire time! :)

This is everyone who went...

Margo, Susanne, Tara, Holly, Minnette, Shari, Kristi, Jenn
(front row) Susan, Angie, Amber, Carrie, and Me!Here are some of the highlights from our trip:


Mountain Biking

We rode 'Bear Claw Poppy' every day and it is seriously the best, most fun, mountain bike ride EVER!! Every day after we were finished with the trail, we rode our bikes to the deli for a yummy chicken pannini sandwich! Eating OutOutback, Pizza Factory, and Paula's (Mexican) were the dinner choices.


Laying Out by the PoolThere's nothing better than laying out in 78 degree weather with a Diet Coke!


Shopping

We found some great deals at the Outlets and TJ Maxx!


And of course, we had to act like teenagers again...

We couldn't resist jumping on the bed...

I know you've all tried this before...(if not, you should try it...it's pretty funny)

We scared ourselves one night telling scary stories and talking about Mr. Haun (the old man who lived alone in the condo next door to ours)... so we had to sleep in the same bed...

And what's a girls weekend without doing each other's hair (it helps that Angie is a hairdresser)!

I couldn't ask for a better group of friends! Thanks everyone for such a great time! Let's do it again next year! Also, thanks to Jason (and all the husbands) for holding down the fort and making this possible for me! Jason and Caden even got the dreaded 3rd grade 'Monster Project' done while I was gone...huge relief for me...huge reward for Jason! :) I feel re-charged and hopefully will be a better Mom and wife because of it!

13 comments:

Thekrogwoman said...

I'm jealous! I need a weekend away!

margo said...

This is the best post ever! It made me laugh all over again, as if we didn't laugh enough all weekend. The jumping on the bed pic was the funniest. I had such a great time and I'm so glad that Mr. Haun didn't murder us that night. I wish we had a picture of Tara crying!

Tracy H. said...

How fun! So unique to find a group of girls who like mountain biking! seriously....I've never found that! My mountain biking has always been with my husband....and if you know him it doesn't go so well :). (his skill level is mountains above mine!)

Carrick family said...

That looked like soo much fun! I should do that with gals! Hey, I love your family pictures!! Soo cute! Where did you get girls' hat? Your kids are so cute! Can you send me your email address? I want to make my blog private. Thanks!

The Five Reids said...

Lisa it's Funny that I ran across your blog. I was looking at a friends from high school and found yours. your girls weekend looks like a blast. xoxo Marni

Liz said...

Ok, your family picture is breath taking...I love it so much! Now as far as the St.George trip goes...I will for sure need to go next year...looks like you were totally immature and I want in on that!

Holly H. said...

So cute! It's so nice to take a break every once in a while and just get away with the girls. You all look GREAT! Glad you had such a good time! :)

Devin and Tiffany said...

Looks like you had a blast, I need to do girls weekend more often! Your new pictures are amazing! Makes me want to go and try ours again (I love the family one at the top! Oh, and I am due April 23rd.

Bubba & Tara Morris said...

Lisa what a great time. You detailed it so perfectly...it was so fun. I too wish I had a picture of me crying!!! that was scarey! Seriously. I got myself a little wound up!

Us Craven's said...

Lisa, it looks like you girls had so much fun! Wild and Crazy and Gorgeous!!! I am glad that you posted the cute pictures, so I can still be a part of it- I miss you guys- I don't have gorgeous friends here! Your family is so cute! I love the family picture- they are growing so fast, and you look as beautiful as ever! Keep having fun, and maybe sometime soon I can come along too!

Anonymous said...

dang it looks like I missed out! The wedding I had to be in that weekend wasn't near as much fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Hopefully next year will work out for me!

susan hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan hall said...

ok i had to leave another comment because this was so much fun, i loved it, cant wait to do this again...just looking at this picture makes me soo happy cant wait until next year..