Sunday, June 23, 2013

END OF SCHOOL

So, everyone knows what a crazy, busy time of year it is when school is ending...and this year was no different!  We had school activities, dance recitals, piano recitals, gymnastics meets, etc... Here are some of the highlights!

I cannot tell you how proud of this kid I am!!  Caden just finished 6th grade and he was one of 6 kids chosen (3 boys and 3 girls) out of the whole grade to receive the "Hope of America Award".  This award is given to outstanding students who demonstrate leadership, academic accomplishments, good character, and willingness to serve others!  What an honor!!  Mr. Emmett was his teacher and Caden just loved him and learned so much from him this year!  I received an e-mail from Mr. Emmett earlier this year and this is what it said...




 Grandma and Papa came to school with me to surprise Caden (Dad was out of town for work).  He had no idea he was getting this awesome award!  Good job, Caden!  I am sooo proud of you!!
 Caden and Brielle started taking piano from AnnaMarie, a girl in our ward/neighborhood and they are both doing awesome!  They just started in January and this was their first recital. They both said they were nervous...but you would have never known! They did great!!


Brielle and Emery have both been taking gymnastics from Nanette in the neighborhood.  They take with all their friends and LOVE taking!  They both have their backbend-kickovers and are working on their back-handspring! They did a little end of year performance and each got a trophy...yes, you heard right...a TROPHY!  My kids would do anything for a trophy!!  They were so excited!!



 Kenlee, Emery, Capri, Mallory, and Kayla



 Savannah, not sure, Breelyn, Brielle, Mikelle, and Haylee

 Brielle and Haylee were also in the Avondale Academy Dance production of "Where the Wild Things Are".  They were tigers and did an amazing job! I could watch my girls dance all day long...I keep telling myself to cherish these moments while they're still young...because they go by way too fast. :( 


No comments: