Here we go...another school year is ready to begin...homework, a schedule to follow, reading, earlier bedtimes, earlier mornings, etc... I still haven't decided if I'm ready for this...but, ready or not...here it is!!
Caden is starting 5th grade. WHAT?? This is crazy...I remember being in the 5th grade more than any other elementary year. I remember peeing my pants because I laughed so hard (I think I did that every year!), I remember my good friend Stacie moved and I was so sad, I remember my teacher Miss Leighter got married and became Mrs. Butler, and I even remember the dreaded 'Maturation Program'. Weird that Caden will be learning about the "Birds and the Bees" this year. Whoa...now I know that I'm not ready for this!!
Caden was excited when he found out that he had Mr. Dias ...better known to the students as "Mr. D"! He has really enjoyed school this year so far! He comes home and actually tells me about the science experiments they tried in class, or the stories that Mr. D told them. Caden is also become VERY responsible and organized. He does his homework every night without me hounding him about it and he wakes up, on his own, to his alarm and gets dressed and makes his bed before he comes downstairs! He's a new kid...and I can't help but think that besides the fact that he's growing up...I think he truly enjoys school and Mr. D! After parent teacher conferences this last week, Mr. D feels the same way about Caden...he thinks he's a GREAT kid!!!! I have to agree!
Brielle started 3rd grade. Her teacher is Mrs. Thurston and Brielle was so happy to get her...because she was Caden's 3rd grade teacher (Brielle always seems to want the teachers that Caden had...and 2 out of 4 isn't bad)! She always tells me how many marbles their class earns, because when the jar is full...they get a new goldfish for their class fish tank! She was lucky to get in the same class as her good friends Troy, Leah, and Mason. They all chose to sit by each other at the beginning of the year, but since then, have all been moved. Apparently, they're quite the "chatty" bunch!! Brielle is enjoying school and is excited to learn to write in cursive!! Her teacher says that she is an excellent sudent...but that is no surprise!


Brielle, Lindsie, Kage, Troy and Caden...waiting for the bus!
And these Kindergartners wished they were going with the big kids...but they had to wait until later that afternoon!
Emery, my baby, is starting Kindergarten! Wow! She was so excited to go to Kindergarten this year and could hardly wait. I must admit, I've never cried putting my Kindergartners on the bus on the first day of school, but I actually had a lump in my throat this time...only because she's my baby...and it makes me realize how fast time goes...and before I know it, she won't need her "mommy" to help her tie her shoes, or to give her "owie's" kisses, or to tuck her into bed...(Sigh)... Anyways, Emery's teacher is Mrs. Ashworth and she loves her. The best thing, is that Emery and Mallory, and the rest of their friends in the neighborhood, somehow all got into the same class. Poor Mrs. Ashworth!! :) At Parent Teacher Conferences we were told that Emery was very social...not surprised. Emery, of all our kids, has the spunk and attitude in her little personality that will give us a run for our money...but we sure do love her!!!
Emery, my baby, is starting Kindergarten! Wow! She was so excited to go to Kindergarten this year and could hardly wait. I must admit, I've never cried putting my Kindergartners on the bus on the first day of school, but I actually had a lump in my throat this time...only because she's my baby...and it makes me realize how fast time goes...and before I know it, she won't need her "mommy" to help her tie her shoes, or to give her "owie's" kisses, or to tuck her into bed...(Sigh)... Anyways, Emery's teacher is Mrs. Ashworth and she loves her. The best thing, is that Emery and Mallory, and the rest of their friends in the neighborhood, somehow all got into the same class. Poor Mrs. Ashworth!! :) At Parent Teacher Conferences we were told that Emery was very social...not surprised. Emery, of all our kids, has the spunk and attitude in her little personality that will give us a run for our money...but we sure do love her!!!
7 comments:
That bus driver is soooo cute. That is so great how excited he was for those cute little kindergarteners:)
Emery's little face makes me want to burst into tears...so adorable and innocent!
I love the last pic how Mallory and Emery are holding hands. They are so cute! Our "babies' are growing up.
Hi Erskine's, it's good to hear about your fun school adventures. We had Mr.D too and absolutely loved him!!! It makes me miss Saratoga Shores just thinking about it, have you already had your trip to Clear Creek? It was the best, you'll love it!
Lisa, your kids are so cute! Love the new family pictures!!
OMGosh! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I feel like I never see them anymore. :( The pictures of Caden kind of bring me to tears because I see Scotty in six years. Makes me want to hang on to him tight! Wow, time flies!
Your kids are so cute!! Can't believe our kids are growing up so fast!!! I love your new family pictures! Very cute!
seriously time is going way to fast cant believe summer has come and gone, and kno its already november...I swear you just had emery:( to to fast
Post a Comment