Thursday, September 3, 2009

LAGOON

For birthdays this year, Jason's parents got all the kids season passes to LAGOON...and it has been a blast! I thought that after the first few times, I'd be sick of it...but I wasn't (and still am not). I think I saw the smiles on my kids faces and how much fun they were having every time we went...and who can get sick of that!!! :)Brielle is a dare-devil (who'd of thought that I'd have a dare-devil...it's for sure from Jason's genes)!! She wanted to go on EVERYTHING...but unfortunately, there are height restrictions. Most of the 'big' rides you have to be 46" tall (some even 50" or 52") and my little Brielle is only 44" (she got that from Jason's genes, too)! So...we had to get creative...and look what we found at Wal-Mart!!!These shoes gave her the 2" she needed to go on the rides she wanted to go on! Some of the workers did a double take when they saw the shoes...but, bottom line...she measured 46"! YAHOO!!!!! She loves WICKED and goes on it over and over and over again! I have to admit...it's mine and Caden and Jason's favorite ride, too!! These shoes came in handy for Emery, too. She was able to go on the 'BAT'!!This is one of Emery's favorite rides. She calls it the OCTOPUS!They got drenched on the RATTLESNAKE RAPIDS!!Two of the weekends, we even stayed at the LAGOON CAMPGROUND. It sounds kinda 'white-trashy'...but don't knock it til you try it!!! :)LAGOONA BEACH was also a fun way to cool down!
* * * * * * * * * *
One of the many times we went to Lagoon, we went with the Lybberts! My kids LOVED having a friend to go on all the rides with them...and these kids are all such great, cute friends!Margo and Lindsie's second time on WICKED! I went with them on their first time and Margo was hilarious. She laughed and screamed the whole time...I almost peed my pants! :) What a fun ride!!Mallory and Emery on the MERRY-GO-ROUND!


These girls were so cute...making sure each other was buckled in and patiently standing in line together!

Cutest little bums!






The girls showing me their blue mouths after their blue SNOWCONE!!
* * * * * * * *

This last time we went (and we've been at least 10 times) Caden bribed his dad and Papa into going on the SKYCOASTER with him. I tell ya...I don't know where my kids get this daring side. I would have never gone on this as a kid!






Caden loved it and gave it a thumbs up!! And then, somehow, I was talked into going on it with Mariah and her friend, Shelbie. They made me do it and I thought I was going to pass out!! Talk about scary...the anticipation is what got me...the actual fall is pretty fun! However, I don't think I'll be doing it again! :)
And then, my 2 daring kids and their cousins decided they wanted to go on the CATAPULT! When they got off, Brielle said..."Can I go again?" Crazy kids!!









Needless to say, we have had a blast this summer at Lagoon...and it's not over for us...it's time for FRIGHTMARES!!

12 comments:

susan hall said...

ok wicked are you kidding, scared the crap out of me...it was so fun though...i want to go to frightmares how fun...i love lagoon so much better then i remembered as a kid...

margo said...

I still can't believe what dare devils your kids are. They are so little, with no fear at all. Thanks for such a fun day at Lagoon. My kids still talk about it. Mallory is convinced she needs to go again so she can go on the Bat with Emery.

♥Shally said...

We kept planning to go to Lagoon one time we were up visiting, but it never happened!

I CANNOT believe you went on the sky coaster. I would have liked to have seen that! :) (Did you swear? Tell the truth, Lis...)

Chelle said...

Oh man...Lagoon has changed drastically since I was a kid. You all have such cute smiles on your face, it must be for the better! Fun, fun!!!

Chelle said...

Oh my gosh...those shoes...hilarious!

Carrick family said...

Soooo fun!! cute pictures! Hey, where did you get your family pictures taken at? I love them!

Carrick family said...

Soooo fun!! cute pictures! Hey, where did you get your family pictures taken at? I love them!

The Wride Family said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love the shoes what a great idea! I love wicked it is so much fun. That is great your kids like it so much. When I was growing up we would stay at the camp ground for a weekend every year. So I guess I can be kindof "white trach" with you!! lol

The Wride Family said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love the shoes what a great idea! I love wicked it is so much fun. That is great your kids like it so much. When I was growing up we would stay at the camp ground for a weekend every year. So I guess I can be kindof "white trach" with you!! lol

Tracy H. said...

What memories....I LOVE Lagoon! And the shoes...ha! you sneaky things :). Hey, I am doing a Bunco night and since it has been sooo long since I have played I can't remember how to play...do you?? If so email me directions tracy@hanssengroup.net. Thanks!

jenn said...

What an awesome birthday present! It's the gift that just keeps on giving. :)

I bet your kids had such a great time this summer. Such fun.

Okay, I can only imagine you and Margo on Wicked together. I bet that was hilarious!!!

Stacie said...

We always loved Lagoon! We had season passes every year! I loved Sky Coaster too and Frightmares!!

Your family is so cute! I heard you had a new job...where are you working? I am actually starting a CNA class next year to eventually go to nursing school. Are you doing the surgical stuff again? That is my ultimate goal...to be a surgical nurse. I always envied that about you--you were a surgical tech forever! :)