Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BIRTHDAY FUN!!!

Before the summer is completely gone...I've got to catch up on the highlights...and the first one being BIRTHDAYS!! Brielle turned 7! She is still such a sweetie and has the biggest heart (I can't even type that without getting tears in my eyes)! She is the most loveable, tenderhearted, happy, sweetest thing EVER! She puts a smile on my face no matter what! This year for her birthday, she wanted a pajama party/late over with her friends. They all had a good time giggling and playing together!












Brielle playing pin-the-horn-on-the-unicorn!




This year, Brielle decided the puppy was not enough and because the puppy is a 'boy pet'...we also needed a 'girl pet'. No thanks to our neighbor Margo, their cat had kittens, and Brielle begged and begged and begged for one. We, of course, gave in to all the begging and surprised Brielle with a kitty for her birthday. She loves the kitty...but I'm convinced we got a psycho one!! She attacks all of us, when we least expect it, pounces on us and slides down our legs with her claws digging in our skin the whole way down. We try to run away and find a piece of furniture to jump upon...screaming the whole time...and she chases us and leaps through the air, just to get her claws in us again. I know it sounds quite comical...but just you wait until she does it to you!! As we all know, I am not a pet person...but must admit I do LOVE our dog, Romo!! Miley (the psycho kitty), on the other hand, I still do not love...infact, I'm ready to give her back to Margo!! I think I'm just not a cat lover...sorry My My (as my kids call her). Anyways, we'll see how long she lasts! :)


That's when Miley was cute and little (and not so psycho)!






Caden turned 9 years old. I still can't believe that I have a 9 year old (and I know I say this every year)! Where does time go?? Caden has really grown up this last year and it's been fun to watch and see the young man that he is becoming. We're proud of him! He is still a big helper around the house and with his sisters and loves to play with friends! For his birthday, Caden invited a few boys over for pizza and squirt gun fights and rowdy boy stuff! They all seemed to have a blast...boys are so fun and easily entertained...and I must say... A LOT more crazy than the girls!!! :)

Troy gave Caden a BOX...wrapped in a BOX...wrapped in a BOX...etc... They all thought it was sooo funny and were laughing so hard! They were cute!


Caden and his cousin Daije's birthdays are a day apart...so we usually celebrate together!

Caden in his new birthday helmet!
We celebrated with cousins at aunt Chelle's house and the slip 'n slide!Grandma and the girls!

And last, but not least...a final celebration at Boondocks! Golfing and the bumper boats and race cars were a hit! (No pictures of the bumper boats...I know better than to take a camera anywhere there's water and Jason's family involved...bad combination...you will always end up drenched... and we did!!)

9 comments:

Shani said...

Hey Lisa!! It looks like alot of fun birthday partyin' going on. We missed seeing you guys at the last baseball games, hopefully we can all catch up at the team party!!

susan hall said...

jeez i wish we celebrated like that for our birthdays ...happy birthday brie and caden

♥Shally said...

No worries, Lis... most kittens are a psycho at first! :) She'll grow out of it. Just get her declawed young so she doesn't thrash your furniture!

I still can't believe YOU have a cat and a dog. Who would have thought?? :)

Oh- and THANKS for the birthday call and comment. Sorry I missed you.

Thekrogwoman said...

I can't believe you would even toy with the cat thing...do you have any Allen in you?? Most cats are psycho by the way, especially black ones! Ok, enough of my cat bashing! Brielle really is a sweetheart! Loved the pics! Your kids are getting so big!

Liz said...

You are seriously the cutest mom. Those parties were so close together, I dont know how you do it! The kids had a blast. And those pictures are adorable. It was good to finally see each other yesterday. Miss ya.

Chelle said...

Poor Jason is the only one not celebrating his birthday this summer. Maybe we should have a psuedo b-day for him.

margo said...

So sorry I never commented on the birthdays! I knew you wouldn't have another post for a LONG time, so I had plenty of time to think about what to say when I FINALLY commented. My kids LOVE your kids. Lindsie and Troy had so much fun at the parties. So sorry about the PSYCHO cat. I promise it wasn't planned. Maybe we should do a do-over with Fluffy's new batch of kittens.

Tracy H. said...

Fun summer! But seriously...a cat!? I can't believe it! :).

The Wride Family said...

Looks like lots of fun!! The psycho cat is the best part!!! Is she gettign better? I think you better get another one that might help lol!!!!:)