Tuesday, July 7, 2009

God Bless the USA

I am definitely proud to be an American and so happy to live in such a beautiful, free country! On the 4th of July, we did our traditional brunch and swimming at Grandma and Grandpas! I look forward to this every year because Grandma makes her yummy scones and honeybutter! And, of course, we always have so much fun swimming! It was fun to be with the whole family!Catching some air!!Emery and her boy cousins...Scotty, Jaxson, and IsaacGrandma and Grandpa and ElleMark, Megan and ReeseSha Sha (what my kids call my sister, Chelle), Grandma and my sisters sweet, new baby, ElizaGrandma, Grandpa, and ElizaHow convenient to be a boy!!!
After swimming, we headed to the mall. Brielle decided it was time to get her ears pierced (we've been begging her for over a year now). She was so brave...but nervous...and didn't even cry! She picked out the pink (of course) flowers and they look sooo cute on her!
That night we headed to Thanksgiving Point to watch fireworks. We realized that my kids had never seen a big display of fireworks (close-up)...so we braved the crowds and traffic and ended up having sooo much fun! We went early and put down blankets and chairs to save us a spot, went to Olive Garden for dinner, stopped at a gas station for drinks and treats, and got back with plenty of time to play catch and ride some silly ride around the park. The fireworks were amazing and went on forever! Emery actually fell asleep during the fireworks (how do you do that???) but Caden and Brielle's favorite were the really BIG and LOUD blockbusters. We had a great time and would consider doing it again next year! By the end of the day...we were all pretty worn out!! Let's just say it was a very peaceful ride home!!! :)

8 comments:

Liz said...

What a perfect day. Looks like fun. I can't believe you went to the Olive Garden without me though!!! Whateva.

Thekrogwoman said...

So fun!! You need to post pics of Brielle's final product (the ears)! I guess I can just see them tomorrow. When I look at those pics of Caden, I feel like I'm looking at Scotty six years down the road!

♥Shally said...

Yay for Brielle!! I bet she looks adorable.

They only have one place here that does fireworks, and we opted to not go. Next year... :)

Jenny said...

Love all of the pics. Such cutie pies! I am so proud of little miss Elle. Now it is Emerys turn :) I am still cracking up at that pic of Jax. Nice face.... too funny!

STRINGHAM FAMILY said...

i love the 4th! what a fun day. looks like you guys had a blast.

Chelle said...

Too fun! Can we repeat that day? The scones, too!

Chelle said...

Too fun! Can we repeat that day? The scones, too!

Dannielle said...

Lisa,
It is so fun to see your beautiful family and to know that you are happy and doing well in life. I love the pictures at your parents house. That pool brings back many, many memories (a lot of them not rated appropriate for family blog status)! Next time you come to St. George please call and we can go to lunch with Shally. Love, Dannielle