Moab 5 Miles and 1/2 Marathon Race
Jason and I finally ran our first race ever! Our good friend, Margo, is a die-hard runner and has been wanting me to get into running (something I've had no desire to do)...so a few of us in the neighborhood (who don't run) decided to join some of the others (who do run) and make a fun trip out of it! We went down to Moab and some did the 1/2 Marathon, while the others ran the 5 Miles (not to be confused with a 5K which is only 3.2 miles...I need credit for every mile I ran!) :) I must admit that it was actually pretty fun! The whole 'race atmosphere' was pretty cool to be in and the weather in Moab was hot...a nice change from the cold weather we've been having! My goal was to finish under an hour and to run the whole thing...and I did both! Jason ran with me the whole time, even though I know he could have blasted through those 5 miles (he runs occasionally)...but he stuck with me and we were one of those cheesy couples you see that hold hands when they cross the finish line! We finished in 53 minutes! I was proud of my accomplishment and am even thinking about trying out a 10K...(don't get too excited Margo, I said thinking)!
Me and Tara's self portriat while picking up our race packets.
On our way to the race...pumping ourselves up!
Margo and I...at the finish line...before the race!
11 comments:
good for you lisa! be careful...running is addicting. oh, and how can you look just as good after the race as you did before? not fair!
way to go! that is so great that race i hear is really fun. what a fun little get a way!
Way to go, Lis! That is so awesome. Glad to hear that you had fun and actually enjoyed yourself. Gives all us non-runners some hope! :)
Holy cow, that is great! I've never really got into the running craze, it kinda seems fun how you did it though. You and Jason are the cutest! Congrats!
A runner and a biker chic! You rock! You really DO look the part, too...so keep it up and you'll be running marathons before you know it. Seriously, it gets into your blood fast!!!
Good job girlie....you make me so proud! Looks like a blast, maybe in a few thousand years I'll be in good enough shape to join you!
im so proud of all you girls kicking butts and taken names...haha next year for sure...ill be there.
Great Post -- I think I had tears in my eyes! That was definately a dream come true for me to have you guys there. I am laughing hysterically about the last picture ... I think you should have posted the "other version" of the "Slick Rock" picture. LOL ha ha ha. That was such a fun trip. I'm holding you to another race very soon!
P.S. -- don't forget about the funniest moment of the whole trip... "knock knock" "Who's in here???" he he he
Wow! That looks hard!! Looks fun too! You have a fun group of friends!
Congrats!! :)
Good job!!! YOU DID IT!!!
Post a Comment