HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY!
Emery turned 5 on May 5th! She had a birthday party with all her friends. They made necklaces, had cake and ice-cream, and opened presents! I can't believe my baby is 5!!!





Emery, Grandma, and Elle

Emery is so excited to be 5...and can't wait to go to Kindergarten...which brings us to our next adventure...
Emery is so excited to be 5...and can't wait to go to Kindergarten...which brings us to our next adventure...
KINDERGARTEN SHOTS!!
These BFF goofballs...Mallory and Emery...are starting kindergarten next fall, so Margo and I decided to take them out to lunch and then to the Dr.'s office for their kindergarten shots! We prepped them for weeks and as you can see, they were both in good, goofy spirits!


At the Dr.'s office, they both got their eyes checked...

and got their blood pressure checked...
and had their fingers pricked to test their blood sugar. The nurses were laughing because these girls had the exact same blood sugar...two peas in a pod!! We explained to them that they're together constantly and they pretty much eat and do the exact same things! It was also nice to find out they are the exact same height...now they can quit arguing over who's taller!! :)
They were still in pretty good spirits...

These BFF goofballs...Mallory and Emery...are starting kindergarten next fall, so Margo and I decided to take them out to lunch and then to the Dr.'s office for their kindergarten shots! We prepped them for weeks and as you can see, they were both in good, goofy spirits!
At the Dr.'s office, they both got their eyes checked...
...until the dreaded shots. Mallory went first...and while getting her 4 shots...they both, simultaneously, burst into tears. It was so sad!
We gave them tissues to wipe their tears...
and they made it through this rough day...together...
...BFF'S forever!!
Unfortunately for Emery...there were more tears to be shed! This ladder was the culprit.
Unfortunately for Emery...there were more tears to be shed! This ladder was the culprit.
Emery and (of course) Mallory, were stepping through the spaces between the ladder when Emery tripped and fell down and landed right on her elbow. She stood up and before the flood of tears, she said to me in this scared little voice, "Mom, I just broke my arm!" Of course, I thought she just hit her funny bone, so I'm over there rubbing it and bending it up and down. Oopps! When she wouldn't let go of it and wouldn't stop crying, I knew something was wrong. Long story short (and 1 InstaCare and 2 ER's later)...she ended up having a supercondular fracture of her humerus (she broke her elbow) and had SURGERY at Primary Childrens Hospital. Her surgery was at 10:15 p.m. and they put 2 pins in her elbow. We went home the next morning. Sad day for Emery!
This was our first trip a week later to the Dr.'s office to get the soft cast off and the hard, PINK cast on.
They found that the pins were a little too embeded into her skin and were likely to cause infection...so they had to pull them out a little further. Ouch!!


Poor Emery! With the soft cast on, she was very protective of her arm and wouldn't hardly do anything with it. She's also left handed...so she had to learn to do everything with her right. Once that hard cast went on...she was a new kid! She did great with it...so much better than I expected! She was back to herself in no time!!
She was so excited to let everyone sign the cast!

2 days after surgery, Emery had a dance recital which she was obviously unable to attend. Her dance teacher told me that she was so sad Emery wasn't going to be there because Emery was her "star student" who knew the dances and all the other kids watched her to know what to do next. I was especially sad to miss that!!
2 days after surgery, Emery had a dance recital which she was obviously unable to attend. Her dance teacher told me that she was so sad Emery wasn't going to be there because Emery was her "star student" who knew the dances and all the other kids watched her to know what to do next. I was especially sad to miss that!!
2 weeks later, she had a GYMNASTICS RECITAL and was feeling up to going.
She did what she could and watched all her friends do what she couldn't do.


She was so excited to get a medal!! Good Job, Em!
Next came PRE-SCHOOL GRADUATION!
Next came PRE-SCHOOL GRADUATION!
She showed us all the things they've learned this year, including the alphabet in sign language...
thier silly dance...
and she even got the award for the "Best at Puzzles". Emery has always been good at puzzles. She could put together a puzzle of the 50 states when she was only 2!
She has loved having Mrs. Booth as her teacher and will miss her!
And finally....4 weeks later...it's time to get the cast off! Yeah!!
Unfortunately, they do it in the office and pull the pins with no anesthetic. Ouch!
These were the 2 pins that were in Emery's elbow. They took pliers and yanked them right out! It was very painful for Emery...Caden and Brielle couldn't stomach it and had to leave the room. They said they could hear Emery screaming all the way down the hall. Can you blame her...look at the size of those pins! OUCH!
and she even got the award for the "Best at Puzzles". Emery has always been good at puzzles. She could put together a puzzle of the 50 states when she was only 2!
9 comments:
ok, are you kidding me I was almost in tears for her...cute cute post...she is such a doll.
What a great post! My favorite pics are the shots. That was such a funny day. Im so glad you captured it with all those pictures. Those two have been through a lot together.. can't believe they are already 5!
Rough times for Emmy. Glad she has a good mommy and BFF to get her through it! I think she secretly loved the cast, though. I saw many smiles from all the attention and presents she got!!! :)
I love this post!! You did a great job putting the last few months together. Emery has had a busy few months which means mom has been busy too!! She is soooo cute and sweet!!
Poor Emery!!! I can't believe she broke her elbow and she went through so much! She is so cute! I enjoyed reading your posts! You are so good at it! That is cute she learned some sign language at preschool!
Wow, that is quite the update! Poor Emmy! Everytime I saw that poor crying face, I couldn't help but laugh...is that rude. She's so cute! She and Malory are so cute! They remind me of me and Hanna. She'll love always having her BFF by her side!
I almost vomited when I saw that pin in her elbow...geez!
I am dying laughing at the pictures of Emmy and Mal getting their shots...ohhhh my gosh...those are priceless. I can't help but laugh, and they are both crying! ha ha ha...so cute!
You have been a busy blogger. Like the music too:)
Wow! We are alike...we take big breaks and then post like CRAZY! I still have TONS more to post but when I will get to it...??
Looks like you have had an exciting time with Emery! None of my kids have had broken bones...YET! We have, however, had stitches and dislocations! :)
I hope you have fun at your 20 year reunion! I was really nervous to go but it ended up really fun! Through facebook I had already reconnected with a bunch of people so it was good to see them all in person! :)
I saw you in scrubs in one of your pictures...what are you doing currently? I got my CNA and I am working up at Flagstaff Medical Center here. I hope to someday go to nursing school but my youngest just turned 4 so it will probably be another year!
Good to hear from you! Cute family!! :)
Holy-Moly...poor Emery! I can't believe the size of those pins! And anistetic-free? Blah.
I can't believe our little ones are 5. Where does the time go, honestly?!? Thinking of them all in kindergarten kind of makes me throw up a little in my mouth. :(
Love Mal and Em in their tumbling performance. Super cute leo's. Where do they take? It looks like fun!
And, I love her hair. She always looks so adorable. :)
Post a Comment